Tuesday, October 9, 2012

DO YOU KNOW THE LIFE EXPECTANCY OF A CHILD PROSTITUTE?

By Jody McPhearson
 
Look at me now, look at me now      I'm getting traded
Look at me now, Look at me now     every day I have to fake it
Look at me now, Look at me now     I am a sex slave
Look at me now, Look at me now     I long for an early grave
Look at me now, Look at me now     can anyone see my face
Look at me now, Look at me now     my memory is being erased
Look at me now, Look at me now     I’m having trouble sleeping
Look at me now, Look at me now     I can always hear them creeping
Look at me now, Look at me now     I’m trapped with nowhere to run
Look at me now, Look at me now     my homecoming days are done
Look at me now, Look at me now     why can’t you hear my screams
Look at me now, Look at me now     do you not know I had dreams
Look at me now, Look at me now     because you’re so appalled by slavery
Look at me now, Look at me now     it’s ironic that you won’t even look at me


Authorities conservatively estimate there are at least 250,000 teen sex-trafficking victims in the U.S. at any one time.

"Victims of human trafficking pay a horrible price. Psychological and physical harm, including disease and stunted growth, often have permanent effects. In many cases the exploitation of trafficking victims is progressive: a child trafficked into one form of labor may be further abused in another. It is a brutal reality of the modern-day slave trade that its victims are frequently bought and sold many times over-often sold initially by family members" (Trafficking in Persons Report, U.S. Department of State, 2006).

By the way, here is the answer to the original question:

LIFE EXPECTANCY OF A CHILD PROSTITUTE .....7 YEARS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! Be sure to sign up for our newsletter under the STAY CONNECTED tab.